A delicious and simple vegan friendly main course that’s protein packed and makes a refreshing change from a regular baked potato too. Ideal for a healthy, clean eating cleanse! With many thanks so the rather super Chris James….
4 SERVINGS – Cooking time: 30 minutes
Sweet potatoes are incredibly rich in antioxidant vitamins beta carotene and Vitamin E, both of which are required to keep the immune system functioning and to keep skin in good condition. When topped with the rich, thick bean stew all thoughts of your cleanse will vanish!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 diced large red onion
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 400g tomatoes
- 400g borlotti beans
- Preheat oven to 200c / 400F. Prick the potatoes all over. Rub with oil and place on a baking tray.
- Cook sweet potatoes until soft all the way when pierced with a knife. Meanwhile prepare the stew.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 5-10 minutes to allow the vegetables to soften and the sauce to thicken.
- Open up the baked sweet potato and add stew.
Every month part of Chris James Mind Body profits go to supporting a small charity called Starfish Asia. The charity builds schools and hospitals for the impoverished brick kiln communities in Pakistan and India. One of the reasons that we support this charity is that 96% of its profits is returned directly into supporting projects on the ground.
The company has a strong celebrity following including Melissa Odabash, Millie Millington, Rosie Fortescue, Natasha Kaplinsky, and Sadie Frost amongst others.by