Imagine plump, golden ears of corn, sizzling away on the barbecue, just soaking up all that smoky, sweet, and tangy goodness. It’s like a flavour party where the corn is the guest of honour! This recipe however takes away the mess of corn on the cob – and none of the flavour…..
Smokey Sweetcorn Citrus
5 corns in the husk
1 red onion (diced)
20 g fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped 15 grams olive oil
3 limes ( Juice)
1 red Chilli (Sliced)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the Traegar to 260°c
2. In the husks place the corn onto the grill grates and cook for 30-35 mins or until the corn is tender.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the red onion, chilli, lime juice, oil and chopped coriander leaves.
4. Peel off the husks of the corn and slice the corn of the cobs and add to the mixing bowl.
5. Mix everything together taste and adjust the salt, pepper & lime to your taste.
Serve up and enjoy!
VeggieVision TV tip……. the dish can last in the fridge for a day or 2 so why not make twice as much and enjoy the next day!
Recipes created by Yorkshire Nourishment in association with Traeger.
With many thanks to Traeger for supporting our vegan BBQ features by supplying a grill to VeggieVision TV.