We are proud friends and media partners with Wetnose Animal Aid and Wetnose Day.
We were delighted to arrange for British legend Lorraine Chase to appear on Loose Women to talk about Wetnose Day – a fund raising day to support the smaller animal sanctuaries across the UK. Amazing people who dedicate their lives to looking after animals.
Wetnose Animal Aid Founder Andrea Gamby-Boulger tells us;
“Just think what a difference £500,000 could make to our rescue centres, paying off vets bills or buying a month’s supply of animal feed would make such a difference.”
“Today we have Children in Need, Sports Relief, Comic Relief, Cancer Relief, Text Santa and Red Nose Day, all worthwhile causes and making a huge difference. However, we have NOTHING for companion animals, stray animals or wildlife, which is why Wetnose has been set up to help sick and abused animals in rescue centres across the UK.”
Andrea and Gavin Gamby-Boulger set up Wetnose Animal Aid in the year 2000, a unique non-profit organisation raising funds for sick animals in care across the UK:
“After running a rescue centre for 13 years we know how hard and emotional it is looking after stray and sick animals and being called out at a moment’s notice. The overall household pet population for the UK stands at 23.2 million (excluding fish); that’s a lot of animals. Many will have come from rescue centres, which is why we need to support and help more rescue centres.”
Six ways you can support National Wetnose Day 2016
Pose with a Nose! Buy a Wetnose and wear it with pride all day in September or a wristband. Black foam noses are available to buy from www.wetnoseanimalaid.com at £5 each.
Share your photos with Wetnose Animal Aid on Twitter @WetnoseAnimal #posewithanose and Facebook – Wetnose Animal Aid and Wetnose Day
- Gather your doggie friends and head out for a sponsored dog walk in the park.
- Host an animal friendly party with raffle prizes and doggie hampers.
- Cake sale – bake some animal-inspired treats … vegan dog biscuits anyone?
- Donate unwanted items such as DVDs, clothing, books, toys and games to the Wetnose Animal Aid shop in Hungate, Beccles, Suffolk NR34 9TB
- We’re always looking for new sponsors for Wetnose Day? Have your name/brand added to our posters, press releases, website and social media for a small sponsorship deal of £300 for a whole year, now that’s better than an advert!