A delicious dish with vibrant colours set to impress…. Fresh Tomato Tart with Balsamic Glaze
– 1 sheet vegan-friendly puff pastry
– A generous drizzle of Mr Organic Balsamic Glaze
– 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
– 350-400g fresh cherry tomatoes
– 1 tbsp balsamic glaze + 2 tbsp plant milk as your egg wash
For the tofu ricotta:
– 350g silken tofu
– A bunch of fresh basil
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp sea salt
– ¼ tsp pepper
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1 tbsp nooch
- Start by placing your puff pastry at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes, then gently unroll it without cracking the edges.
- For the tofu ricotta, place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Spread the tofu ricotta across your puff pastry sheet, leaving about 1cm of edge on all sides.
- Place your tomatoes on top and spread them out across the entire sheet.
- Mix the balsamic glaze with the plant milk for your egg wash and brush the edges of the pastry sheet, then transfer to a preheated oven at 200C and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry edges are golden and the cherry tomatoes deliciously roasted.
- Sprinkle the tart with toasted pine nuts and generously drizzle with Mr Organic Balsamic Glaze. Enjoy hot or cold.
We just love love love Mr Organic here at VV TV – their tin tomatoes are super yummy and we have been enjoying their Balsamic Organic glaze on just about everything… and if you haven’t tried their chickpeas yet – you are missing a treat!