Veganism is a top trend in the UK at the moment and is set to increase further. The surge in popularity has been reflected in one of the nations most popular TV shows: Great British Bake Off, which will be including a new ‘vegan week ‘ in their acclaimed programme.
We know it can be daunting when trying vegan baking for the first time, but Violife are here to save the day with these excellent dessert recipes! Do let us know if you try them out.
Red Fruits Vegan Cheese Cake,
Red Fruits Vegan Cheese Cake, Vegan Cheese Cake Smoothie and Carrot Coconut Pancake Tower are noted below…
For the filling:
800 g Violife creamy original
300g frozen red fruits (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc)
120g powdered sugar
50g coconut cream
For the base:
250g vegan digestive cookies
80g coconut butter (melted)
For the topping:
Fresh red fruits
Vegan choco flakes
- In a mixer blend together the cookies, the cocoa nibs and the coconut butter.
- In a 20cm spring form pan, place the cookie mix. Using a spoon, press the mix and even it out so that it covers the pan.
- In a mixer add the frozen fruits and blend until they become a dark red powder.
- Spoon out the Violife Creamy original from the container. Add it to the fruit mix.
- Continue by adding the sugar and the coconut cream.
- Blend until the mix becomes a thick red cream.
- Using a spatula, apply on top of the cookie mix evenly.
- Cover with cling film, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the fridge, and place on top any topping of your liking (ideally fresh raspberries, almond flakes and vegan choco flakes).
Vegan Cheese Cake Smoothie
200 g Violife Creamy Original
400 ml coconut milk
5 vegan cookies
150 g strawberries (frozen)
150 g blueberries (frozen)
150 g blackberries (frozen)
1/3 cup sugar
1 vanilla stick
- In a mixer, blend together Violife Creamy Original, coconut milk, cookies, a bit of sugar and vanilla seeds, until well incorporated.
- Remove ¼ of the cream from the mixer and keep it in a separate bowl.
- Add in the mixer all frozen fruits and the remaining sugar and blend well, until the cream reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve in glasses or small jars starting with the fruit mix, add the biscuit cream mix on top and finish off with crumbled cookies and fresh berries.
Carrot Coconut Pancake Tower
For the frosting:
300g Violife creamy original
150g maple syrup
For the carrot mix:
1 cup grated carrots
¼ cup raw walnuts
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
a pinch of nutmeg
For the pancake mix:
1 ¼ cup gluten free pancake mix
¼ tsp each of cinnamon powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
- 1. Grate the carrots, or pulse in a blender to a coarse shred and place in a bowl.
- Pulse the walnuts to small pieces. Add them in the bowl with the carrots and mix thoroughly.
- In a pan, add oil and heat at medium. Add the carrot walnut mixture and roast for 3 minutes. Add the sugar and spices. Mix and cook for another 4 minutes. Reserve a tbsp of the mixture to top the pancakes.
- In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients of the pancake mix. Add the spices and mix. Add all the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine. Add more water if needed. Keep the batter thicker than usual so it can hold a lot of carrots.
- Add the carrot walnut mixture and mix to combine.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Drizzle a few drops of oil. When the pan is hot, spread the batter to form almost the same size circles. The batter will be thicker than usual pancake batter, so use a spoon to shape.
- Cook 4-6 minutes each side.
- Make the frosting (glaze): Spoon out the Violife creamy original from the container, place in a bowl with the maple syrup and mix thoroughly, until even.
- Prepare the pancake tower: Place a pancake on a platter, apply the frosting evenly with a spatula. Place another pancake on top and continue until you run out of pancakes.
- Place a thick layer of frosting on top and sprinkle with the roasted carrot walnut mixture and maple syrup.
- Cut a piece from the cake, place in a separate plate and serve.
Thanks to Violife for allowing us to share these delicious recipes! Violife products can be found at all good mass retailers, such as Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Waitrose and Morrison’s. A larger range can be found in Whole Foods, Holland & Barrett, Planet Organic and most independent health stores or at violifefoods.com.