These Chocolate Chia Pancakes are gluten free, vegan friendly, and contain milled chia seeds, which is one of the highest natural sources of Omega 3 and dietary fibre, a beneficial addition to your diet.
For the Pancakes
60g oats gluten free if necessary
15g raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
60g ripe banana
125ml unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp (7g) milled chia seeds
1-2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Sauce
1 tbsp (7g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
2 tbsp (30ml) full fat coconut milk
1 tsp (4g) arrowroot starch + 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- Place all ingredients for the pancakes in a blender or Nutri Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Set batter to one side while you preheat the pan.
- Heat a non-stick 10-inch pan over a medium heat. Cook 2.5 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes more. To make flipping easier place pan under a preheated grill for 1 minute, return to the stove top and cook for 1 minute more.
- For the chocolate ganache whisk together first three ingredients in pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix together water and arrowroot starch. Add to the pot and whisk to combine while it simmers. Allow to heat through and thicken for 1-2 minutes.
- The chocolate sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Serve pancakes topped with chocolate sauce, some hemp seeds, desiccated coconut, and blackberries.
Thanks to the super guys at Linwoods and Peachy Palate for this nutritious pancake recipe packed full of goodness!
Based in Armagh and established in 1965, Linwoods is a family owned company that produces a range of Premium Bakery, Dairy and Healthy Super Foods. Linwoods products are sourced globally in their raw form and are selected from the best suppliers and growers to ensure the highest quality and standards, which today deliver accessible, easy-to-use nutrition to health-conscious consumers around the world.