Vegan Burger Brioche Recipe – impress your guest by making your own burger buns!
Prep time: 3 hrs
Cook time: 14-15 minutes
Ingredients: (makes 2-3 burger buns):
– 250g Doves Farm Flour
– 1⁄2 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 4g dry active yeast
– 100 ml lukewarm water
– 40 ml lukewarm plant milk (e.g. oat) 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
– 2 tbsp tamari
– Seeds for the topping (optional)
1. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar.
- In a jug, stir together the lukewarm water, lukewarm milk and yeast and set the mix aside for 10-15 minutes. The mix should start to foam on top, which is a sign of active yeast.
- Pour the wet into the dry mix and combine everything with a wooden spoon. Add in the rapeseed oil and knead the dough until smooth and elastic on a lightly floured surface.
- Place it back into the bowl, cover with a damp towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 2 hrs. Once the time elapses, push back the dough, give it another knead, then divide it into 2 or 3 and shape your burger buns. Place them onto a lined baking tray, cover them again with a damp towel and allow them to rise for another 45 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 180C (gas mark 4).
- Place your burger buns into the preheated oven and allow for them to bake for 10 minutes, then remove them from the oven and brush them with tamari. Sprinkle over any seeds of your choice and return them from the oven for another 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Allow for the buns to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and toasting them, and top with your favourite burger patties, Mr Organic Tomato Ketchup & Co!
We just love love love Mr Organic here at VV TV – their tin tomatoes are super yummy and we have been enjoying their Balsamic Organic glaze on just about everything… and if you haven’t tried their chickpeas yet – you are missing a treat!