A vegan creamy soup with a bacony taste too – our tip is to double up the size of ingredients, leave to cool down and enjoy the next day too!
30 Mins cooking and preparation time.
● 4 leeks roughly chopped
● 450g new potatoes, peeled and cubed
● 4 heaped teaspoons of Herby Hog Smoky Bacon Seasoning
● 1 vegetable stock cube
● 2 tablespoons of olive oil
● 1.2 litres of water
● 300ml plant based milk (we use oat milk)
1. Sautee the leeks in the olive oil over a medium heat until softened
2. Add the potatoes, stock cube, milk and water and stir until the stock cube is fully dissolved.
3. Add the Herby Hog Smoky Bacon seasoning and stir well
4. Simmer on a medium heat for around 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
5. Blitz with a hand whisk until smooth. If the soup is too thick, thin out with a little more plant-based
milk to the desired consistency
We are loving the range from vegan startup brand from the UK Herby Hog …. they launched during lockdown last year. Herby Hog’s products are plant-based, made from the highest quality natural ingredients with nothing artificial, include no palm oil and are GM free.