Low carb, paleo and vegan – a perfect main course that will also look great on Insta!
1 butternut squash, halved⠀
1 red pepper, sliced ⠀
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly⠀
135g kale, de-stalked and torn into pieces
67g cherry tomatoes, halved
67g Cru8 Kale Paleo Bread croutons⠀
1/2 bunch of basil ⠀
2 tablespoons pine nuts or pumpkin seeds ⠀
2 tablespoons coconut oil ⠀
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or sea salt ⠀
A couple twists of cracked pepper ⠀
1 tablespoon olive oil ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Slice butternut squash in half, place on a baking tray, rub with a tablespoon of coconut oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- On a separate baking tray, place sliced red peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, and kale
- Use the remaining oil to coat all the veg
- Massage the kale well, sprinkle with remaining salt and cracked paper
- Roast the veg for 15 minutes or until browned
- Next, roast the butternut squash until you’re able to pierce the thickest part easily with a knife. Once tender, remove from the oven
- Tear in most of the basil and mix through the vegetables
- Add the croutons
- Fill the butternut squash halves. Add a splash of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts/pumpkin seeds and top with remaining basil.
We are in love with Cru8’s amazing vegan low carb bagels – added to this dish we can enjoy a paleo vegan dish that is filling too.