- 450g courgettes
- 450g small, ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup purple onion, sliced into narrow strips
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Arrange courgettes in a steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam 1 minute, then plunge into cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Combine squash, tomatoes, onion, and basil in salad bowl. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.