Whether you fancy a change from bread or just like something crunchy we are loving these vegan friendly easy lunch options from Ryvita…
Recipes for Hummus topped with chermoula chickpeas, White Bean Hummus with Paprika and Middle Eastern Fattoush Salad with Croutons are below…
Hummus topped with chermoula chickpeas
For the chermoula:
1 clove garlic (3g)
Bunch coriander (4g)
Juice ½ lemon (20g)
1 tsp paprika (2.3g)
1 tsp ground cumin (2g)
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (12.6g)
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar (11.4g)
For the hummus:
240g chickpeas, drained – 200g for hummus, 40g for topping
1 tbsp. tahini (18g)
Juice 1 lemon (40g)
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (12.5g)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped (3g)
1. Blitz all the chermoula ingredients together in a food processor with some seasoning. Coat the 40g chickpeas in 1 tbsp (20g) chermoula. The rest will keep in the fridge as a drizzle.
2. For the hummus, blitz together 200g chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and some seasoning until smooth, adding a splash of water if needed.
3. Serve the chermoula chickpeas on top of the hummus alongside your favourite Ryvita Thins.
White Bean Hummus with Paprika
Serves 2 (This recipe also contains 1 of your 5 a day)
½ can chickpeas (115g)
½ can cannellini beans (115g)
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped (3g)
1 tbsp. tahini (18g)
Juice of ½ lemon (20g)
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (25.2g)
½ tsp paprika, plus extra to serve (0.55g)
4 Ryvita Multigrain Crunch rye breads, broken into pieces
1. In a food processor add all the ingredients with some seasoning and blitz until smooth, adding a splash of water if the mixture is too thick.
2. Serve in a bowl with a pinch of paprika and the crunch rye bread pieces for dipping.
Middle Eastern Fattoush Salad with Croutons
½ clove garlic, grated
Juice ½ lemon
2 tsp white sherry vinegar
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp sumac, plus a pinch to serve
2 heads baby gem lettuce, roughly chopped
1 cucumber, seeds scraped out, roughly chopped into chunks
300g tomatoes, chopped into rough chunks
2 spring onions, finely sliced
Small bunch parsley, roughly chopped (20g)
Small bunch mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped (20g)
Small bunch dill (20g)
50g radishes, sliced
2 Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper Crunchy Rye Breads, broken into pieces
1. To make the dressing whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, sumac and some seasoning.
2. Combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion, herbs and radishes in a large bowl then pour over the dressing and mix everything together well.
3. Scatter over the Crunchy Rye Bread pieces and a pinch of sumac to serve.
Our friends at Ryvita have put together some lovely vegan recipes for us to share with you! Please enjoy these quick and simple Ryvita-based recipes, and let us know on social media if you try them out.
Remember to follow Ryvita on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.