Serving Size: 8
Preparation Time: 1:40
- 1 large head garlic, split in half horizontally
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup soy milk
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Drizzle garlic with oil. Wrap securely in foil; roast 30 to 40 minutes, or until soft. Cool, then squeeze garlic out of skins; refrigerate. Discard skins. (If desired, garlic can be roasted the day before.)
- Cover potatoes with water, add salt and bring to a boil. cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain; reserve cooking water.
- Mash potatoes well. Add garlic, butter, salt, pepper and soy milk.
- Whip potatoes, adding reserved cooking liquid 1/4 cup at a time until potatoes are fluffy and light but still hold shape.