Created by renowned Instagram star Gaz Oakley, aka Avant-Garde Vegan, with Linda McCartney’s Vegetarian 1/4lb Pulled Pork Burgers, the ‘Slammin’ Sriracha’ Burger recipe is loaded with lip-smacking goodness – oozing with spicy sriracha rainbow slaw and topped with crunchy cucumber ribbons, coriander and sesame seeds. The ultimate indulgence, that just so happens to be 100% vegan.
Gaz Oakley says, “I’m super proud to work with Linda McCartney’s – Linda was the original pioneer of the vegetarian revolution and her ethos has been a huge inspiration to me. I can’t wait for people to try the Slammin’ Sriracha and see just how hearty, simple and downright delicious vegan food can be. Big love.”
4 Linda McCartney’s Vegetarian Pulled Pork 1/4lb Burgers
2 tbsp Vegetable oil, for frying
4 Toasted Burger buns
Sriracha Rainbow Slaw
12 Carrots, peeled & grated
100g Red Cabbage, finely shredded
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
6 tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Sprinkling of Black & White Sesame Seeds
Additional Sriracha (optional)
- First up, prepare your garnishes. Peel and grate the cabbage and onions for the slaw, and prep your cucumber ribbons.
- When you’re ready to serve, pre heat your frying pan over a high heat & add the oil.
- When the pan is hot add the burgers & fry for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the slaw ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside until you’re ready to serve. Pop your burger buns in the toaster.
- Once the burgers are cooked, place them in your toasted burger buns and load up on toppings – add dollops of sriracha slaw, and pile high with cucumber ribbons and tasty garnishes for the ultimate indulgence.