We are super excited here at VeggieVision TV as vegan superstar TV and radio presenter Sarah-Jane Crawford has shares one of her all time fav recipes with us – and the dynamic international DJ has also just launched Viappi – a vegan restaurant locator app.
Viappi also includes a host of delicious plant based recipes created with leading food expert Annabel Karmel…. and we are loving the sound of this delicious Lentil Curry!
Sarah-Jane tells VeggieVision TV;
“My advice to those considering going vegan is to find some go-to foods you can eat habitually.
Rice has always been one of mine, and my lentil curry recipe is a delicious accompaniment. It is really quick, light and easy to make – perfect if a group of hungry friends comes over unannounced…”
Can’t wait to try it Sarah-Jane!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Makes: 6-8 portions
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp korma curry paste
- 150g (5 ½ oz) red lentils
- 400g (14 oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500ml (17 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, to serve (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Rice and/ or chapatis, to serve
- Soy yogurt raita, to serve (optional)
- Sliced red onion, top serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, pepper and carrot and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spices, curry paste and lentils then bend in the tomatoes, stock, tomato puree and mango chutney.
- Bring up to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Season to taste and serve with rice and/or chapatis, a soy yoghurt raita and slices of red onion (is using).
Download Sarah Jane’s app today via www.viappi.co.uk