Fancy some delicious VEGAN Hot Dogs in Blankets for your Christmas table…. or anytime!? Check out this super recipe from the guys at Moving Mountains.
Makes 8 Prep: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- 4 Moving Mountains® Hot Dogs, cooked following the instructions on the packaging
- 1 large carrot, peeled into strips
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 pack rolled vegan puff pastry, refrigerated until needed
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- For the vegan ‘egg wash’
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp red currant jelly
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the carrot peels with the harissa paste, making sure that they are all well covered. Spread the carrot peels over a lined baking tray and roast for 10 minutes until they soften. Cut each Hot Dog in half and wrap 2-3 peels around it. Leave to cool down completely. Line another baking tray with parchment.
- Take the puff pastry sheet out of the fridge and cut to 8 equal size rectangles. Place each Hot Dog close to the longer edge of the rectangle and gently roll it up, so the pastry seal is on the bottom of the parcel.
- Pinch together the sides and make 3 scores on the top of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining Hot Dogs.
- Combine the water with jelly in a small bowl and brush each parcel. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over and put the tray in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is cooked and golden brown.
With thanks to Moving Mountains® Hot Dogs in Blankets for this delicious recipe!