With thanks to the Tofoo team for these delicious Mini Tofoo Sausage Rolls….a new twist on a vegan sausage roll!
Prep: 25 mins
1 pack Naked Tofoo
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion (diced)
120g white breadcrumbs
3 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried thyme
75g dried cranberries
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
500g vegan puff pastry
2 tbsp soya cream
1 tbsp maple syrup
Tomato chutney/cranberry sauce
- Heat a frying pan and fry the onion in the olive oil until softened.
- In a food processor, place the Tofoo, sage, thyme, breadcrumbs, sherry, cooked onions and arrowroot powder. Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Roll out your puff pastry on a clean surface dusted with flour. Roll out into a rectangle approx. 40cm x 20cm and to the thickness of a pound coin.
- Take your Tofoo filling and place in a line down the middle of the pastry longways, moulding the filling into a long sausage shape.
- Mix the maple syrup and soya cream. Brush onto the long edges of the pastry then fold one side over the filling pressing down, then fold over the other side, sealing over the pastry. Roll your long sausage over so that the seam of the pastry is on the bottom.
- Cut your roll into 12 pieces, and make two slashes into the top of each roll with a knife.
- Place on a baking tray then brush the top of each roll with the glaze and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Place onto a serving plate, and serve with tomato chutney or cranberry sauce dip.
We are loving the range from Tofoo….. for more info do click here!