- Your favourite vegan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 slices of thick bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- vegan butter
- Shred extra-sharp cheddar cheese with fresh garlic (run a peeled garlic clove across the cheese shredder until covered, now shred your cheese until garlic is gone, repeat – you now have garlic shredded cheese)
- Press garlic shredded cheese onto both slices of bread (so that no strands are hanging over the edge)
- Insert thinly sliced tomato between the two halves, press together.
- Butter outsides of sandwich, then fry in pan until both sides are nice and brown
Notes: If you are a garlic lover, one whole clove will be perfect, however, if you would prefer it to be mild, just use half!