Thanks for this delicious creamy plant based risotto from influencer Lucy Mecklenburgh and nurishh….. can not wait to try this!!
Creamy Roasted Vegetable Risotto
200g risotto rice
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Fresh thyme
- 200g butternut squash, cubed
- 2 medium courgettes, cubed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (dissolved in approx. 800ml-1L boiling water)
- Pinch black pepper, to season
- 2 tbsp Nurishh Garlic & Herb spread
- 40g Nurishh Gran Vegiano
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the butternut squash, courgette, and red pepper onto a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle over the dried herbs and fresh thyme. Roast for around 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- While the veg is cooking – Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, over a medium to high heat. Once hot, add in the onion. As the onion starts to soften, add in the garlic. Ensure the heat isn’t too high, to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the risotto rice into the pan. Give it a quick stir then start gradually pouring in your vegetable stock, stirring as you add. Only add a little stock at a time, allowing the rice to absorb the stock before adding more – This should take approx. 20 mins.
- Once the rice is cooked, pour in the peas, roasted vegetables and a generous pinch of black pepper. Stir well and leave over the heat for a further 5 mins.
- Then take off the heat and stir through the lemon juice, Nurishh Plant Based Garlic & herb Spread and grated Nurishh Gran Vegiano. Then serve up & enjoy!