We love this tasty easy recipe from Kohinoor Foods. The Kohinoor Jalfrezi cooking sauce and the Basmati Rice are vegan friendly and taste delicious. We love the sauce simply poured onto tofu too.
Kohinoor Foods’ is an Indian food manufacturer whose expertise is creating world cuisines through a variety of mainstream and ethnic products including Basmati, Long Grain, Thai rice, cook-in sauces and ambient curries. This simple recipe is quick and easy to make.
Chunky Jalfrezi Vegetable Broth
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
– Kohinoor Foods Jalfrezi cook-in sauce
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 crushed garlic clove
– 125g trimmed fine green beans
– 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks
– 175g baby corn, halved lengthways
– 1/2 small cauliflower, broken into small florets
– 410g can lentils, drained
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
2. Stir in the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add beans, potato, corn and cauliflower to water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
4. Season to taste and add the Kohinoor Foods Jalfrezi cook-in sauce and lentils. Simmer for 5-6 minutes until warmed through.
5. Add a little water to make the broth.
6. Enjoy by itself or with naan bread. Alternatively, you can add soup bread into the dish.
Indo European Foods
Indo European Foods is 100% UK subsidiary of Kohinoor Foods, a 36 year old global company headquartered in India. In 2012 the company celebrated its tenth anniversary in the UK under the Indo European umbrella. The company’s expertise is creating World Cuisines through a variety of Mainstream products like Dine-In Kits, Dine-In Cooking Sauces, Micro-Meals along with Ethnic products like Basmati Rice, Long Grain Rice, Thai Rice and Ethnic Snacks.
Pick their delicious range up in all supermarkets.