We love finding new ways to use vegan protein powders and we love this delicious recipe from Vega…. keeping us fuller for longer and rather nutty too!
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp almond butter
200g jumbo oats
2 scoops of Chocolate Vega® Essentials or Vega® Clean* Protein
100g blanched hazelnuts
100g blanched almonds
40g ground almonds
100g cocoa nibs
Serve with fruit
- Preheat oven to 170° Celsius.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter to a small pan over a low heat and stir until melted and combined.
- Place the oats, Vega, ground almonds, hazelnuts and almonds into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Pour in the melted coconut oil mixture and stir again to coat in the mixture.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment and top with the granola spreading it out into a thin layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins, giving everything a shuffle around on the baking tray half way through its cooking time. Remove from the oven a stir through the coco nibs.
- Leave to cool before tipping into a sealed storage container to store.
*At Vega, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.