Serving Size : 2
- 2 tbsp cumin seed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite size
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the cumin seeds and cook until the seeds begin to brown and pop, about 1 minute.
- Remove from skillet and reserve. Heat the oil in the same skillet, add the garlic, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and saute, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, until the cauliflower begins to brown. Add the toasted cumin seed, salt and pepper, toss well and serve.
Editors Note: If you are not fond of cumin, substitute fennel or caraway seeds. This works with cabbage also. I just melted about 1-2 tablespoons of vegan butter in pan, added cumin, then added 1/4 head of cabbage cut up. The water clinging to the leaves is enough
to help steam the cabbage. (Using about 2 cups
raw cabbage = 5.7 grams total.)
Total Grams: 11.1
Per serving: (2) 5.5