Everybody loves pancake day – the perfect excuse to gather friends and housemates and indulge in delicious treats, whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This year, baking queen Lily Vanilli has created a luxury pancake recipe especailly for Vegans, sumptuously infused with velvety Baileys Almande, for a delicious twist on the classic that you’ll want to have over again, all year round.
Try the deliciously decadent vegan pancake stack piled with fresh blueberry coulis, topped with velvety Baileys Almande coconut cream and sprinkled with crushed pistachio.
Vegan Blueberry, Coconut Almande and Pistachio Pancakes
Makes a stack for 2 people
• 135g plain white flour
• 1.5 tbsp cornflour
• 1.5 tsp baking powder
• 4.5 tbsp maple syrup
• 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 180 ml oat or other non dairy milk
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• Baileys Almande (dairy free)
1. Heat a little olive oil in your best non-stick frying pan over a low heat.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
3. Then combine the wet evenly and mix the two together, it should be evenly combined and thick but still runny.
4. For each pancake: Spoon some of your mix into the centre of your pan, rotating it to get a nice even round shape, fry for 20-30 seconds before carefully flipping with a spatula. Then cook for another 20-30 seconds or until done.
5. This will keep well in the fridge for 2 days so you can pull it out anytime to make another pancake.
• I served mine with blueberry coulis, whipped Almande & coconut cream & pistachios
50g caster sugar
Put the berries and sugar in a small saucepan with 100ml water. Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 4 mins until the fruit is softening but still firm.
Allow to cool
Beat 2 cans of coconut cream (place in the fridge overnight then open carefully and scoop off the fat formed at the top of the can), together with 2 – 3 tbsp Baileys Almande in a mixer with the whisk attachment
Top with chopped pistachios – or make any toppings you like instead!
With super thanks to Lily Vanilli for this delicious recipe!