We love a cruelty free, fish free “fish” finger sandwich here at VeggieVision TV and why not try making your own?
Ingredients (makes 8 fingers):
- 280g tofu
- 8 sheets of seaweed (will be sliced into 18 fingers)
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1stp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Cut a block of firm tofu into fingers, and use a paper towel to soak up any excess moisture
- Cut some sheets of seaweed into rectangles of the same size as the tofu, and press onto each piece
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup non-dairy milk and 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- In another shallow bowl, combine 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp mixed herbs and 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- Dip each piece of tofu in the milk mixture, then coat in the breadcrumbs
- Place the tofu on the baking tray, bake the fingers for 15 minutes before turning and baking for a further 15 or until the crumbs are a golden brown
- Serve with chips, peas and lashings of Sarson’s Vinegar!
Tofish Fingers created by Vegan Amz in collaboration with Sarson’s Vinegar.