01 Apr Super-fast Scrambled Tofu
One of our all time favourites here at VeggieVision TV – tofu is so versatile as well as being misunderstood! Ideal for a weekend breakfast…. We also enjoy simply lightly fried with some pink rock salt.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed) OR ½ -1 tsp garlic puree
- ½ packet of firm silken tofu (approximately 175g) or firm tofu
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari (GF) or shoyu
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp turmeric
OPTIONAL EXTRAS: eg sliced avocado; sliced tomato; lightly cooked cherry tomatoes, super sprouts, chopped peppers or chilli; rocket or kale…
ALL KITTED OUT
Small knife and garlic crusher; medium saucepan; scissors; measuring spoons; cooking spoon
- Gently fry the garlic in the oil for about 30 seconds until lightly golden. Don’t let it burn.
- Add the all other ingredients and mix together. Try not to break the tofu up too much but make sure it’s well stirred.
- Heat to warm through for approximately 3-5 minutes and serve immediately.