We love trying out new natural products on VeggieVision TV and after feeling extremely queasy on a press trip not so long ago we were all looking forward to trying out Sea-bands.
They are ideal for travel sickness as well as morning sickness. Although the boat crossing was a lot calmer I didn’t feel motion sickness at all so I would definitely wear them again.
Sea-Band acupressure wrist bands restore your natural inner-balance by applying pressure on the Nei Kuan acupressure point on each wrist by means of a plastic stud. Because the bands are completely drug-free, they do not cause any of the side effects associated with anti-nausea drugs and are the perfect solution for both adults and children who suffer from car sickness.
Also Sea-Band has also just developed the “Queasilator”, a fun quiz to alert you to any potential travel sickness triggers on your next trip. Answer seven quick questions about your holiday to find out your risk of feeling queasy on your travels this summer: http://queasycalculator.com
The more adventure, the higher the nausea risk, so if long coach journeys and jet skiing are high on your list of vacation must-dos then your nausea risk may well be off the scale.
And sadly mine was!!!
A recent survey by Sea-Band revealed the most common holiday nausea risks as well….
- 47 per cent of people were grateful for a sick bag while travelling on a coach or tourbus
- 15 per cent of people felt queasy whilst cruising
- 10 per cent of people experienced stomach-churning nausea when on a speedboat
- 4 per cent even turned green on a banana boat!
- 1 per cent of people were relieved to get off a camel to stop their nausea getting worse
As an expert in nausea, Sea-Band recommends the following pre-travel precautions to avoid spoiling your holiday plans:
- Don’t drink alcohol or eat a heavy meal before you travel – save the wining and dining for the holiday!
- Don’t eat or drink during short trips – especially junk food
- Try to avoid strong odours and spicy foods
- Avoid spending too long looking at your iPad and phone when in transit – Facebook can wait!
- Keep still – if possible, choose a cabin or seat in the middle of the boat or plane, which has the least movement
- Fresh air is an essential – if you can, open a window or move to the top deck
- Wear Sea-Band acupressure wrist bands to keep nausea at bay
As a person who can’t even sit in the back seat of a car we also suggest facing forward, out of a window and keeping your head upright. Keep as cool as you possibly can and have a bottle of water on you that you can sip!
- Sea-Bands are acupressure knitted wrist bands that are clinically proven to relieve motion sickness and morning sickness in addition to helping with post-operative and chemotherapy-induced nausea
- Adult Sea-Band available from Boots: £8.59
- Sea-Bands are the natural choice for drug free relief of all types of nausea
- Natural relief
- No side effects