- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and mix until well blended. Gradually stir in veggie broth. Stirring to keep mixture smooth, simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain. Return liquid to heat and stir in peanut butter, sherry, lemon juice and salt.
- Heat through and serve garnished with chopped peanuts.