Prep Time: approx. 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Cook Time: approx. 30 Minutes
“This is the perfect comfort food for cold days. Leftover filling makes a great lunch! If you want to make mashed potatoes from scratch, you will want at least 4 cups when you are through.”
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 ounces whole button mushrooms
- 3 small courgette, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup vegan milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 3 cups enchilada sauce, red or green
- 8 ounces grated vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and carrots. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a jellyroll pan.
- Roast vegetables in the 425 F (220C) oven for 30 to 40 minutes; stir halfway through their cooking time. When they are finished cooking, remove them from the oven and reduce the oven’s heat to 350 F (175C).
- Bring water, milk and butter or margarine to a boil in a large pot. Remove the pot from the heat and mix in the mashed potato mix. Let stand two minutes, then stir the mashed potatoes with a fork until they are smooth. In a large bowl, mix potatoes and roasted vegetables together.
- Heat a tortilla in dry nonstick skillet over medium heat briefly on both sides to make it pliable. Dip the tortillas in enchilada sauce, then place the tortilla on a plate to assemble. Put a large spoonful (approximately 1/4 to 1/3 cup) of potato-veggie mixture into the centre of the tortilla. Top with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of cheese, and roll the tortilla up. Place rolls seam-side down in the baking dish, and repeat this process until all of the enchiladas are rolled. Pour extra sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350F (175 C) for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, until the enchiladas are heated through.
Nutrition at a glance
Amount per serving
Total Fat 32g