- 12 oz spaghetti or linguine
(or 3/4 of a 16-oz package)
- 1/2 small bunch of broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
(about 2 cups)
- Vegetable broth, to saute vegetables
- 12 oz mushrooms, each cut in half
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchstick-thin sticks
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 8 oz plant milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable cube bouillon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-size tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons vegan mozzarella cheese, grated or shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta as directed on label; drain and return to saucepan; keep warm. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan over high heat in 1″ of boiling water, add broccoli pieces, return to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring once or twice, until tender-crisp; drain.
- Put a 12″ skillet over high heat; when hot, add broth, garlic, onion and carrot; stir frequently, until golden and tender-crisp. Add red pepper and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender.
- In 2-cup measuring cup, mix milk, broth, cornstarch and salt. Blend well with a fork, until all the lumps are dissolved. Stir the milk mixture into the vegetable mixture in skillet. Over high heat, bring to a boil and cook 1 minute. Add tomato, cheese, parsley, broccoli and pasta, tossing to coat all well with sauce; heat through.