Tofu is a product which has been enjoyed for thousands of years in middle-eastern diets. It is rapidly growing in popularity in the UK as people become more aware of the nutritional benefits of this super healthy plant-based protein and its versatility as a cooking ingredient.
Jerk Smoked Tofoo with Pineapple Salsa and Coconut Rice
- 1 pack Smoked Tofoo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 120g uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 200g fresh pineapple
- 1 red pepper
- 4 spring onions
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Place rice in a saucepan and add the coconut milk and 50ml of cold water.
- Put the pan of rice on the heat and bring to the boil, stirring every now and then so that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Once the rice is boiling, cover and reduce the heat to the lowest setting and steam for 15 mins until all the liquid has evaporated and the rice is cooked through.
- To make the salsa, finely chop the pineapple, red pepper, mint and spring onions then mix together with the zest and juice of the lime.
- For the Tofoo – cut into 6 slices then sprinkle with the jerk seasoning and rub in.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Fry the Tofoo slices in the pan for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Serve the Jerk Tofoo with the pineapple salsa and coconut rice.
Packs of The Tofoo Co. Naked and Smoked Tofoo are available to buy in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Co-op, Ocado and Waitrose. RRP: £2 per block
All The Tofoo Co. products are organic, GM Free, all natural ingredients and are suitable for vegans.
The Tofoo Co. is inviting home cooks to dive into the world of this miracle soya bean curd and cook up some tofu on the barbi.