For anyone looking for a delicious lunch to make whilst working from home or for sun-seekers looking to whip up a socially distanced lunch to take to the park try this vegan Mediterranean Style Sandwich!
Prep time: minutes 5 mins
Cook time: minutes 10 mins
- 1 pack Violife Greek White Block, cut in ½ slices
- 8 sourdough bread slices
- 2 carrots, peeled and ribboned
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp & 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cups rocket leaves
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a bowl mix the peeled carrots with the rice vinegar and thyme leaves.
- In a separate bowl mix the grated beetroot with the olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cilantro and lemon juice. Season to taste and let sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Toast the sourdough bread slices and begin your sandwich with slices of Violife Greek White Block, top with the carrot ribbons, then the beetroot, the rocket and finish off with the rest of the Violife Greek White Block slices and bread.
- Cut in half and enjoy.