Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes
” This tabbouleh salad variation is a meal in itself. “
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated carrots
- In a heatproof bowl, pour boiling water over bulgur.
Let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat together oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Pour over bulgur; and mix with a fork.
- Place bulgur in the bottom of a nice glass serving bowl.
Layer vegetables and garbanzo beans in this order on top of the bulgur:
green onions, garbanzo beans, parsley, and carrots on top. Cover, and
refrigerate. Toss salad just before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition at a glance
Amount per serving:
Total Fat 17g