Pomora is a new service that ensures you’ll always have access to some of the finest Italian olive oil you’ll ever taste. Adopt an olive tree with Pomora and you’ll receive quarterly deliveries of three 250ml tins of premium extra virgin olive oil from your tree, while knowing you’re also supporting hard-working olive growers. Adopting an olive tree through Pomora also makes the perfect original gift for food lovers.
Here at VeggieVision TV we have been trying the oils and they are stunning. It’s hard to pick a favourite… the garlic and white truffle oils seemed to disappear too quickly with freshly made bread and the lemon oil is to die for.
Pomora works with two growers – Carmelo from Sicily and Antonio from Campania – and can even help to arrange a trip to visit your grower! Both their families have been producing top-class olive oil for generations and both Carmelo and Antonio are gold medalists at the New York International Olive Oil Competition.
Alun Johns, Co-founder of Pomora told us:
“We set up Pomora because we were fed-up with the poor quality olive oil on offer in our supermarkets. We wanted to create a way for people to discover how vibrant and exciting top quality olive oil can be, that would also generate a relationship between the consumer and the grower. The adoption process helps our customers appreciate and understand the work that goes into producing the finest olive oil.”
By adopting an olive tree through Pomora, you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are supporting artisan growers who use traditional farming methods, which respect and protect mother earth. With Pomora, doing good tastes good!
Each quarterly delivery of Pomora includes three 250ml tins of premium olive oil:
• Shipment 1: Olio Nuovo – The youngest, freshest olive oil, it’s bottled directly after harvest, olio nuovo is unfiltered, has a vibrant green colour, a distinct fresh flavour and a pizzicante finish.
• Shipment 2: Three flavoured oils – Lemon, Chilli, and Rosemary – Flavoured with locally-sourced ingredients by the olive producers, these are made with a milder extra virgin olive oil, which allows the flavours to shine through.
• Shipment 3: Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Complex flavours intertwine and marry with a healthy finishing kick to produce a great base for vinaigrettes, focaccia or simply as a dip.
• Shipment 4: Three flavoured oils – Basil, Garlic and White Truffle
• Adoption: £58 up-front, which covers the minimum period of two quarters and then £29 per quarter from the third quarter onwards. You can cancel any time.
Pomora is a portmanteau of Pomona – the Roman goddess of fruitful abundance who watches over fruit trees, gardens and orchards and cares for their cultivation – and Hora – the Latin word for time; reflecting the combination of respect for nature and the gifts she bestows upon us and the bringing of traditional methods into the internet age.